Monday, November 5, 2007

That's How I Roll

Okay, so what is the deal with this whole BLOG frenzy?? I really don't see the attraction. But here I am, being a conformist. Doing what everyone else is doing, in the hopes that someone will find some enjoyment/entertainment/happiness/fulfillment/(insert your own word) from reading what it is that I feel is important enough to post on the "internets" for the whole world to see. I hope it was well worth the wait.

So here I am, sitting on my bed, in a room provided to me by the US Government, on a computer, hand-receipted to me by the US Government, wasting my time writing a BLOG, instead of studying for a course that is considered to be one of the hardest courses offered by the US Army. So, "Why," you ask, "are you sitting there?" Well, you know what, I have asked myself the same exact question numerous times as I've sat here writing this post. And yet I am still writing.......weird. It's not because I feel that I have learned all there is to know, nor that I am lazy (at least not all the time). The honest truth is, I don't really know why I sit here while there is a wealth of knowledge to be learned at the expense of the US Government.

But, hey, I'm sure you aren't reading this because you are interested in how lazy or conforming I am. You're interested to know about me.....about "How I Roll."

Directly, you are a friend or a family member to whom I have sent the link to this BLOG. And I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read about me. Truly, I know you are searching for that deep, dark secret that I have been hiding for years and now, suddenly, have decided to unveil to the world for all to see by means of a BLOG. Well, (caution: spoiler follows) there is no such secret. So, if that is what you are reading for, then you should just stop now and quit wasting your time.

Indirectly, you are a friend of a friend or family member who happened to send you this link, or you are someone who came across this BLOG by happenstance........well, I'm both honored and sorry. Honored that my friend or family member found this BLOG to be quaint enough to share with others with whom I have no connection. Sorry that you have to read it and diligently search for that which is relevant to your existence.

Anyway, I digress. Back to "How I Roll."

I am 29 years old going on........ 29. (I will never be 30.) I am married to a very beautiful, older woman (She is 30). A very beautiful, older woman who puts up with me and thinks that I put up with her. When in all actuality, she's easier to deal with than most girls/women that I've known. She has brought to my life a beautiful, bright daughter, whom I love dearly. AND she has given me 3 wonderful sons, whom I would not trade (although tempting at times) for anything in the world. 3 sons that will carry on the Kraus legacy (what that legacy is.....well, that is yet to be determined).

I'm from the beautiful state of Idaho. "Beautiful?" Hmmm, I spent 27 years of my life trying to get away from the place and have spent the last 2 years trying to get back there. Weird.

I'm a college graduate.....the first in my family, I might add. And when I grow up, my plans are to be an Army helicopter pilot. Oh, wait.......I am an Army helicopter pilot. I have been in the US Army for almost 11 years now, the last 3 as an officer and an aspiring pilot. Which, if you haven't caught the connection yet, is why I have been away from Idaho.....learning to do the flying-of-the-helicopters thing. So, now I am an Apachawk pilot. And if you can figure out what that means....good on ya, mate.

More about me? Well, I thought you would never ask. I, one day, aspire to do many things. Just one day though. Remember, I'm lazy. The rest of my days, I am going to spread everything else out. You know, pace myself. Of the "everything else" I aspire to do, I guess the most noteworthy is my desire to write a book. "What about?" That too, is yet to be determined. But believe me, like my BLOG, it will be well worth the wait.

Well, I think I have wasted enough time, yours and mine (two for one special today). But, hey, THAT'S HOW I ROLL!

0 comments:

Post a Comment