Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Chil-laxin'

New word? I think so. However, I can't take credit for its creation. Now, I don't know what the exact definition is or should be. But I will give you my definition. It means behaving in a state that is neither "chillin'" nor "relaxing" but a combination of both. Now, you are probably saying to yourself, "They basically mean the same thing." And I would say, "You are absolutely right." So "Chil-laxin'," it is what you do when regular chillin' or relaxin' just isn't enough. Usually, it takes place after a successful completion of a rather stressful event.

So, my friends, today is my day to CHIL-LAX.

"Why?" you ask. Well, today was the completion of the most stressful 4 weeks of my life. (Well, actually there have been 3 other weeks that have been more stressful, and some of you may know what I'm talking about. And for those of you who don't, I'm sorry I can't tell you. If I did, I would have to kill you.)

Now, let me paint you a picture. Imagine driving down the interstate. Now imagine that you have a periscope attached to one of your eyes, the other end extending outside of the car. Now, imagine that all the windows in your car are blacked out, so that you can't see outside, except thru the periscope. Oh, and that crystal-clear, color image that you are seeing, well, replace that image with one similar to a TV program image seen thru a bunch of static because your antenna isn't positioned correctly. And in black and white. Got that picture in your head? Now, imagine you are doing this about 1/2 way thru your time in driver's education, you know when you don't have much experience driving. Oh, did I mention you are driving a bus, and not a car?

Feeling stressed yet?? OF COURSE YOU'RE NOT!! Because you're not doing it. However, that is exactly what I have been doing for the past 4 weeks. Only my car was a helicopter. And I wasn't on the interstate, I was up to 800 feet off the ground, where one wrong move could send me falling out of the sky to my death. Stressful? Ummmm, YEAH!! But today was my evaluation (which I passed, thank you very much). So do you think that is reason enough to be CHIL-LAXIN'?

So how does Eric spend his time chil-laxin'? Well, I spent my time writing this and watching TV. Generally, I have been avoiding anything and everything having to do with flying. That way I can be refreshed and ready to go at it again tomorrow. And telling ya'll what I have been going thru for the past 4 weeks is really helping me "avoid." I'm such an idiot.

Well, I guess I better get back to my chil-laxin' and my avoidance of everything aviation related.

0 comments:

Post a Comment